If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.

Skip Navigation LinksHome  >  Helping businesses  >  Brexit  >  Workforce

The UK government has reached an agreement with the EU that will protect the rights of EU citizens and their family members living in the UK. It has also reached an agreement with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and a separate agreement with Switzerland.

These agreements mean that most citizens from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland will need to apply to stay in the UK. They can then continue living their lives here as they do now.

Use this tool to find out what to do and when.

The Home Office has published a list of charities and voluntary organisations across the UK which are being funded to provide help and information to vulnerable EU, EEA and Swiss citizens applying to the EU Settlement Scheme.

The 57 organisations are located across the UK to ensure services are available to those who most need it. Please feel free to make contact with relevant organisations in your area to explore how you might work together effectively.

The full list is available here.

The Home Office has also published a postcode checker tool which you can use to find your nearest ID scanner locations:

Key existing resources for local government are listed on the local government Brexit Preparedness page and include: